Let’s Get Started! Work begins on the MET Museum Skylights
Skanska has awarded Nicholson & Galloway the MET ABC Skylight project for the Roofing and Waterproofing scopes of work to include:
Removal and replacement of over 45,000 square feet of existing roofing systems
- Roof Type 1 (SBS- Mechanically attached to concrete/terra cotta roof)
- Roof Type 2 (SBS – Mechanically attached to metal deck)
- Roof Type 3 (SBS – Adhered to concrete/terra cotta roof slab)
- Roof Type 4 (PMMA – Mechanically attached to metal deck)
- Roof Type 4A (PMMA – Mechanically attached to steep sloped deck)
- Roof Type 5 (PMMA – Adhered to concrete plank)
- Roof Type 5A (PMMA – Adhered to steep sloped concrete)
- Roof Type 6 (Standing seam metal sloped roofing)
- Roof Type 7 (Monel metal flat lock roof)
- Roof Type 8 (SBS – Crickets on existing roof)
As well as removal and replacement of scuppers, gutters, leaders, etc.
In addition, we are furnishing and installing
12,650 square feet of skid resistant walk treads
3,131 linear feet of coping assemblies
Additionally, our scope includes waterproofing the mechanical equipment
rooms, VAV rooms and existing concrete beams.
The project is set to be completed in 2 phases with a completion date of 2021.
Follow us on Instagram to stay up to date on this project as well as our
other endeavors @nicholsonandgalloway